Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Remember June

I remember 7 am workouts.
I remember trying to get faster and stronger every day.
I remember going home soaked in sweat.
I remember Coach McGeary not believing in us.
I remember that there's only 4 5A teams left.
I remember how lucky I am.
I remember how much hard work it took.
I remember coughing for an hour after practice cause my lungs couldn't handle it.
I remember the freindships I made with all my teammates.
I remember that win or lose is irrelevant.
I remember having a 2 hour meeting after the PG game.
I remember promising to change.
We haven't lost since.
I remember when a chick told my friend to dye his leg hair.
I remember thinking "what the hell?"
I remember laughing and having a good time with my teammates.
I remember feeling like brothers.
I remember what it feels like to have "State Champs" on my finger.
I remember I'll do anything it takes to feel that feeling again.


10 comments:

  1. I just shed a tear:..( love you man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having a 2 hour meeting after the PG game. I remember promising to change. We haven't lost since.

    I like the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was awesome. Can't wait for this thursday.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember thinking "what the hell?". Consider this stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might've been my favorite thing you've written. I know it's still pretty much just about football, but that's okay.

    I agree with Miss Lawrence. I like the simplicity of some of the lines. I love how much the line "We haven't lost since" stands out.

    You really didn't think Coach believed in you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff. There is reflection in this. very nice.

    ReplyDelete